The one thing I don't like about having pink hair is the attention I get when I'm in public. I've never really liked the spotlight being on me, I have no stage presence, which is why I never could have made it as a singer. It always takes me a few seconds to figure out why people are staring at me, but what those people don't realize is their reactions to something as silly as pink hair says a lot about them.
I've gotten some great reactions. Here's the best:
- I've had a guy yell out of his car to tell me Jesus saves and I should change my ways.
- A little girl: "mommy look! Pink hair."
- mommy: "I see it."
- little girl: "can I have pink hair?"
- mommy: "no, it's not normal."
- A different little girl stops me in the middle of a camping store and tells me how much she loves my hair, then runs back to her dad and says "look daddy, can I have hair like that?" I smile at him and say "sorry." He smiles back and replies "don't worry about it." He turns to his daughter and says "how about purple, that would be cool."
- an elderly man asked me if I fell into a paint can, I laughed and replied "No, I jumped!"
- I've had more than one person I know ask me "What happened to your hair?" when seeing it for the first time.