Monday, July 6, 2009

Day 1: a childs fascination in the little things


It never ceases to amaze me how my children can find such delight in little things that we take for granted. We look at a video game controller and see it as a tool used to play games, a child sees it as a game in itself. A set of keys can be an instrument or a teether, a paper bag can be a hat. I have seen my kids eyes light up when they first see the simplest gadgets. Tape measures, can openers, sun glasses, lip gloss, and so many others, have caused my little ones jaws to drop. Things we never look at for longer than necessary provide youngsters with hours of enjoyment. It makes me wonder why we are always bored or need to be entertained by the television or computer when all around us are things that have such potential to be fun. We need to look past the convetional use and look through the eyes of a child. Look around you before you say I'm bored next time and you'll find a world of possibilities.

0 comments: